Young Alumni Rising Star Nomination
Young Alumni Rising Star Nominations
The Young Alumni Rising Star Award was established in 2015 to honor outstanding young alumni and celebrate their achievements.
Purpose and Philosophy
The purpose of the Young Alumni Rising Star Award is to recognize young alumni, under the age of 40, for their exceptional achievements and outstanding accomplishments in their profession, affiliations, and service. Recipients of this award will have demonstrated a level of excellence which positively represents the University and serves to inspire current students, and other recent graduates, to excel in their work and recognize the important impact of their experience as a student at Texas State.
Criteria for Selection
- Demonstrated career advancement and responsibility in specific industry
- Impact on the lives of others through professional or industry achievements
- Level of personal and professional accomplishments and affiliations
- Level of service to Texas State University
- Level of service to society
The nominee must be a Texas State graduates who has completed a minimum of 30 hours at Texas State, are under 40 years of age and whose achievement and service represent the criteria noted above. Alumni employed by Texas State University, current members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors and candidates for public office are ineligible. Nominations may be made for the Young Alumni Rising Star Award by any individual or group excluding family members and self-nominations.
The nomination packet MUST include the following items:
- Nomination form.
- Cover letter summarizing nominees’ achievement and service related to the award criteria.
- Current resume, biographical information or curriculum vitae for the nominee (not to exceed five pages).
- A minimum of one, but no more than three, letters of support from non-family members specifically addressing the selection criteria. Letters of support may be submitted by anyone with the exception of the nominee’s family and Alumni Relations staff. Alumni Association Board Members may write a letter of support but must recuse himself/herself from any type of input or action that may occur with the selection process.
The nomination packet must be received in its entirety by Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. CST. Nominations of individuals not selected will be held and considered “active” for three (3) consecutive years (the first year of nomination and two subsequent years). Nominators may update nomination packets each year the nomination is considered active. Individuals may be re-nominated at any time.
Presentation of Awards
The Young Alumni Rising Star Awards will be presented at the annual Distinguished Alumni Gala during Homecoming Weekend.