The TXST Connections newsletter is emailed every two weeks to students, faculty, and staff, and includes “Campus Conversations,” messages from university thought leaders on topics that impact the Bobcat family. It also includes news highlights and achievements of our students, faculty and staff.
2018 - 2019
- Issue No. 11 (Sent September 13, 2019)
- Community Conversation: A Safety and Security Task Force convened over the summer and is now rolling out initiatives.
- Issue No. 10 (Sent August 29, 2019)
- President’s Corner: A joint message about what it means to be a Bobcat from Texas State President Denise Trauth and Student Body President Corey Benbow.
- Community Conversation: Visit “Stay Informed” to learn the many ways TXST shares important information year-round.
- Issue No. 9 (Sent on June 7, 2019)
- President’s Corner: A message recapping the outcomes of the legislative session that pertain to Texas State programs and funding
- Issue No. 8 (Sent on May 10, 2019)
- Issue No. 7 (Sent on April 26, 2019)
- Community Conversation: UPD shares tips on how to stay aware of your surroundings and navigate campus safely for pedestrians, cyclists, rideshares and drivers
- Issue No. 6 (Sent on April 12, 2019)
- President’s Corner: A message about the First Amendment rights of student organizations.
- Community Conversation: Sharing “Cuentos and Testimonies,” a collection of essays from faculty and staff on paving a new path.
- Issue No. 5 (Sent on March 29, 2019)
- Issue No. 4 (Sent on March 8, 2019)
- Community Conversation: A message from Dr. Heather Aidala, interim director of the Counseling Center, about the importance of mental health and resources available to students, faculty, and staff
- Issue No. 3 (Sent on February 22, 2019)
- Community Conversations: Ameerah McBride, chief diversity officer, shares updates on initiatives to foster an inclusive campus climate. University Police Chief Laurie Clouse shares an update on recent crime alerts and actions you can take to stay safe
- Issue No. 2 (Sent on February 8, 2019)
- President’s Corner: President Trauth reflects on inclusivity at Texas State and shares updates on important inclusion initiatives.
- Community Conversations: Meet the new Chief of Police and learn about her vision for community engagement. Learn how the Attorney for Students Office helps students with questions about immigration.
- Issue No. 1 (Sent on January 25, 2019)
- President’s Corner: A message introducing the TXST Connections newsletter and opportunities for students to share feedback.
- Community Conversation: An update on the newly-launched Latina/o Studies minor and upcoming African American Studies minor.