The Campus Communicator group was formed by the University Advancement-Communications Office in order to:
- Gather story ideas and news tips for TXST Newsroom
- Amplify stories and messages produced by the colleges and programs
- Source and distribute stories about the excellence of Texas State students, faculty, staff, programs and research
- Build relationships so university constituents – internally and externally – are informed of the latest news and updates
- Collect and share a wide range of information, from high-level research findings, to updates for TXST Connections, Hillviews, social media, etc.
The Campus Communicator Group includes:
- Staff who are engaged in communicating about accomplishments and activities in their areas. Activities include research, high-impact events, and faculty and student achievements.
- Faculty and staff from across the university who are the clearinghouses for stories in their respective program or academic unit
- People who are the first to know of important news from their respective area
- Publicity/Outreach Coordinators, Research Coordinators, Publications Writers, Community Relations Specialists, Marketing and Promotions Coordinators, Select Administrative Assistants, and others