Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Launching New Ideas Into the World
An Entrepreneurial Mindset
Texas State faculty are preparing graduates with an entrepreneurial mindset who are self-motivated innovators and creators. We are developing new ways to engage students in the practice of creating value from ideas and opportunities. Watch the video to learn more.
Research in Action
A Community of Innovators
During their academic study and research, students and professors at Texas State collaborate on ideas for new technologies, devices, and solutions to social problems. The university has invested in a robust innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem that includes six makerspaces and prototyping labs, degree programs with a focus on technology commercialization, the startup incubator Science, Technology, and Advanced Research (STAR) Park, boot camp experiences in design-thinking idea development, and new-venture business plan competitions.
The new Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) was established to foster a culture of innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and assist the launch of new ventures, bringing ideas to life.
Podcast Join the Conversation
- Endow scholarships to support students with opportunities to live in an Innovation & Entrepreneurship Living Learning Community on campus
- Provide grants to support the purchase of materials for students to prototype new ideas in a makerspace on campus
- Sponsor student pitch competitions and design showcases, such as the Innovation Lab at SXSW
- Establish an Entrepreneur in Residence fellowship program to bring new leaders to campus
- Create Innovation Fellowships to work with a faculty innovator
- Naming opportunities are available
- Endow the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Program Fund to provide flexible resources to implement and sustain this initiative
- Fund an Alumni Mentorship program for students interested in entrepreneurship
- Establish an Innovator and Entrepreneur Award
- Award funding for an Innovation Challenge to seed new initiatives
- Funds for boot camp style experiences in entrepreneurship